Blog Archive

Wednesday 26 February 2014

DIY Tutorial - How I Clean My Make-up Brushes!


As I was cleaning my make-up brushes today I had an idea that this would make a great blog post, as when I first got my set of brushes I had no idea on how to clean them, so I thought that this post may help some of you lovely people out there.

I try and clean my brushes at least once a week,as leaving your brushes dirty can lead to more acne on your face and no body wants that!

The picture below shows my make-up brush collection.On the left hand side of this picture there is the Real Techniques Powder Brush 1401 and the Real Techniques Blush Brush 1407 and then there is the Real Techniques Core Collection 1403, I decided to add the powder brush and the blush brush to the stand so it's easier to see all of my brushes. I also own the Real Techniques Starter Set 1406 which is on the right hand side of this picture.


When I clean my brushes I tend to use the Johnson's baby shampoo as I feel cleans the brushes well and it makes the brushes feel soft and smelling good! I then run a small bowl of lukewarm water, as personally I don't like to leave the tap running. However, I do change the water a few times depending on how dirty it is.


I then take a brush and my baby shampoo, I then squeeze some of the shampoo onto the brush or my hand, whatever I feel like and then rub the brush into the palm of my hand and then shake the brush in the water to get all the shampoo out.

                     

Once I've done the same thing to all of my brushes the then leave them on a towel to air dry!





How do you clean your brushes? & Was this an helpful post?
Let me know in the box below!

Love Ems xx

No comments:

Post a Comment